About the opportunity
Virteffic Limited (Virteffic) is looking for an ambitious, self-motivated, highly organised individual with a positive attitude to join our innovative business. The role is as a personal assistant to provide high-quality personal and administrative support. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing company, with a role that may be developed over time. The successful candidate will have excellent communication, IT and social media skills, as well as great attention to detail. Discretion and confidentiality are essential.
There will generally be a variable number of work hours required per week, a small portion of these hours may be fixed, and other hours can be scheduled at your convenience. It may be necessary to work more hours during peak times and when deadlines are close. You will primarily work from your home and will be provided with a laptop and a mobile phone. The personal assistant will be part of a small team that will work closely together, with regular team meetings in a non-traditional manner where we catch up somewhere for coffee, breakfast or a walk to plan the coming weeks.
Location: Jersey (mainly working remotely)
Work Hours/Week: Part-time, variable
Employment Type: Zero-hour contract
Required: Driving license, the right to live & work in Jersey
Key Responsibilities for the Personal Assistant
The role will be varied and include personal assistant and administrative support to the directors of Virteffic and to provide additional support to the wider business as well as to our clients upon request. The services may require picking up and delivering meeting material, recordings, marketing materials etc. and a driving licence is therefore essential.
You will be required to provide excellent internal and external client service by phone, email, and in person. You will also be requested to assist with social media services, and your creative ideas are welcomed and encouraged.
What will you do?
- Ensure confidentiality of documentation and information.
- Helping to prepare for meetings and appointments, including setting up video conferences.
- Managing diaries and inbox where appropriate.
- Preparing correspondence, documents and file notes.
- Preparing and posting social media content.
- Interacting with social media followers.
- Processing and tracking expenses.
- Collating board and meeting packs.
- Involvement in project work, where appropriate.
- Provide absence cover for other team members when needed.
- Ordering office supplies and replacements, as well as managing mail and courier services.
- Picking up and delivering documents and items.
- Such other duties as may from time to time reasonably be required.
Skills and Expertise
- Discretion and confidentiality.
- Previous personal assistant or secretarial experience, preferably in a professional services firm (beneficial but not an absolute requirement).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High attention to detail.
- Honesty and reliability.
- Great organisational and time management skills.
- The ability to work on your own initiative.
- The ability to work under pressure, to multi-task and to work towards tight deadlines when needed.
- Excellent Microsoft applications and IT skills.
- An excellent standard of written English, with excellent grammar.
- Driving Licence
- Secretarial or personal assistant training.
- Experience in minute taking.
- Good with social media and SEO.
- Experience with word press.
The candidate preferably is expected to fulfill the listed requirements, however, we believe that the approach and willingness to handle assigned responsibilities are key.
Virteffic is a virtual assistant company that provides administrative and secretarial support services to other businesses in Jersey. The services are provided remotely which provides great flexibility for the client as well as the Virteffic team. A good life-work balance benefits everyone: our clients, the team, and their families.
Virteffic is a new, innovative, and flexible company, encouraging staff to develop and grow with the company and to share their ideas. We want to foster an innovative and collaborative working environment that delivers the best solutions to our clients. As virtual assistants, the Virteffic team works as an extension to the client’s in-house team.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
Virteffic is committed to diversity and inclusion, which will consider all qualified applicants from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, national origin, religion or belief, and gender identity.
To apply for the role as a Personal Assistant
Email your CV and application to email@example.com. By applying you confirm that you are in agreement with our privacy rules which outlines how we use your data and your rights under the data protection legislation.
You can visit our website to find out more about Virteffic.