I am Claire Main
Senior Virtual Assistant
Governance and Secretarial Support
Experienced in the end-to-end process of board, committee and member meetings for both in-house and client companies.
I am an efficient and competent company secretary with the ability to ensure that the companies for which I am responsible for comply with and operate within the statutory and regulatory framework across Jersey and Guernsey. Experienced in the end-to-end process of board, committee and member meetings for both in-house and client companies. During my career I have been instrumental in drafting numerous company secretarial policies and procedures.
My organisation skills are excellent, highly efficient and methodical, along with this I have a keen eye for detail. I enjoy new challenges with a solution focused attitude and continuously expanding my knowledge.
My role at Virteffic is to provide governance and secretarial support. Since joining, I have been involved with:
- preparing minutes;
- proofreading minutes;
- assisting with project work;
- corporate governance practice; and
- day-to-day administration.
Claire Main | Senior Virtual Assistant | Governance and Secretarial Support
Education and Previous Experience
- Law Degree (LLB (Hons)) – Nottingham Trent University Distance Learning 2:1 – 2013
- Advanced Diploma in Insurance (ACII) – Chartered Insurance Institute – 2011
- Diploma in Insurance (DIPCII) – Chartered Insurance Institute – 2008
- Certificate in IT for Insurance Professionals – Chartered Insurance Institute -2008
- Certificate in Captive Insurance Management – 2008
- TMF Group – Corporate Governance Senior Manager, CI (December 2012 – present) (prior to TMF acquisition in 2019 State Street (Guernsey) Limited)
- Northern Trust International Fund Administration (Guernsey) Limited – Corporate Secretarial Officer (April 2010 – December 2012)
- Aon Insurance – Senior Insurance Administrator/Legal Compliance Administrator (October 2006 – April 2010)
- Island Insurance – Claims Administrator (2005-2006)
- Ross Gower Group Limited – Head of Claims (2001-2004)
World International Travel Network Limited Dissolved (voluntary liquidation, as at 16 April 2020) – Non-Executive Director (August 2011 – December 2017)
Tasks that I have performed in my previous roles:
- Responsibility for all corporate governance tasks in respect of the funds and trust in-house companies in Guernsey and Jersey;
- Effective delivery of the Corporate Governance function;
- Management and development of the Corporate Governance Officers;
- Formulated Board meeting agendas and preparation of Board packs using the board portal software;
- Board meeting attendance and Board communication;
- Drafted Board minutes and written resolutions;
- Ensured compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements, including annual confirmations, annual validations, filings and notifications ensuring these are made within the required time frames;
- Supported and executed governance specific procedures and controls;
- Assisted with the review and implementation of existing and new laws and regulations in all relevant jurisdictions;
- Incorporation of Guernsey and non-Guernsey entities;
- Developed a Company Secretarial procedure manual;
- Implemented internal audit controls and legal compliance in respect of all captives;
- Liaised with auditors to ensure client annual accounts were signed off in a timely manner;
- Carried out annual claims audit;
- Prepared paperwork for claims and managing clients face to face, via telephone and email; and
- Issued policies/cheques.
My organisation skills are excellent, highly efficient and methodical, along with this I have a keen eye for detail.
Do you want to benefit from our services?
If you have any questions, please contact us:
La Vallee de St Pierre
Jersey JE3 1EG
E: firstname.lastname@example.org or
M: +44 (0) 7797716461
Virtual Assistants | Secretarial Support & Administration Services | Jersey, Channel Islands
About Tess Price (including CV and Bio)
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
Subscribe to the Virteffic blog
Subscribe to the Virteffic Blog via Email
Virteffic Limited (“Virteffic“) is not regulated or licensed under the Financial Services (Jersey) Law 1998, as amended (the “Financial Services Law“). Accordingly, Virteffic does not provide any regulated services and does not carry on any regulated activities which would require us to be a “registered person” under and defined in the Financial Services Law. Where it is necessary for such a regulated activity is to be carried out, you will be required to use the services of a firm that is registered under the Financial Services Law, to provide such services. Virteffic may provide certain secretarial support and administration services as a virtual assistant, however, the services are of an administrative nature only and your appointed company secretary and/or the directors of your company have full responsibility to ensure the accuracy of the work that Virteffic does for you, to have the final sign-off and to check the work before it is released, published and/or executed.