I am Gemma Foulds
Senior Virtual Assistant at Virteffic Limited | Secretarial Support and Senior Administration Services
Prior to taking time off to raise my family, I worked in a Company Secretarial and Corporate Governance role at a large international bank. In this role, I was appointed as Company Secretary to the Guernsey regulated company and its subsidiaries. I also provided administration of the Jersey in house regulated companies together with the Bermuda, Cayman Islands, BVI, Hong Kong and Singapore entities. I therefore have diverse experience covering all levels of board and committee meeting preparation, corporate governance and minute taking. I am a positive and proactive person who enjoys developing both technical and softer skills. I am organised and possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and I enjoy being part of a successful and productive team together with being able to work well on my own initiative.
My role at Virteffic is to provide secretarial support and senior administrative support with focus on;
- minutes and resolutions;
- meeting support and preparation;
- day-to-day administration;
- assist with projects;
- preparation of reports; and
- corporate governance practice.
I understand the importance of confidentiality and discretion within my role.
I am a highly organised Chartered Company Secretary with a focus on minute writing, meeting preparation and good corporate governance practice.
Gemma Foulds | Senior Virtual Assistant | Secretarial Support and Senior Administration Services
Education and Previous Experience
- ICSA Professional – Chartered Secretary/Corporate Governance Specialist – 2007
- Post Graduate Diploma in Law- University of the West of England- 2004
- BA (Hons) French Studies- 2:1- 2003
- R&H Fund Services (Jersey) Limited – Senior Company Secretarial Administrator (June 2018 – present)
- Deutsche Bank International Limited – Associate- Company Secretary (June 2011 – August 2013)
- State Street (Jersey) Limited – Senior Administrator (August 2010 – May 2011)
- Dominion Fiduciary Services Limited – Senior Company Secretarial Officer (January 2009 – July 2010)
- Minerva Financial Services Limited – Fund Officer (June 2008- November 2008)
- Moore Management Limited – Client Manager (April 2006 – June 2008)
- JTC – Trust Officer (September 2004 – April 2006)
Some examples of the tasks that I have experience in performing from previous roles:
- Preparing agendas, board packs, liaising with key stakeholders on the provision of board reports.
- Preparing and presenting corporate governance reports to the Board.
- Attend board/committee meetings to take minutes.
- Preparation of minutes.
- Appointed Company Secretary to a regulated Guernsey company and its subsidiaries.
- Maintenance of statutory files and structure charts.
- Maintenance of conflict of interest registers.
- Arranging board effectiveness evaluations.
- Preparing gap analysis on board practice and composition.
- Preparation and submission of annual confirmations to the Jersey Registry.
- Arranging appointments and resignations of Directors.
- Company incorporations and dissolutions.
- Opening and closure of client and in house bank accounts.
- Amending Memorandum and Articles for client companies.
- Assisting with the acquisition of an AIM listed UK company.
- Liaising with key stakeholders including client personnel, advisors and auditors.
My experience encompasses all aspects of Company Secretarial Administration.
Do you want to benefit from our services?
Subscribe to the Virteffic blog
Subscribe to the Virteffic Blog via Email
Virteffic will not accept an appointment as the company secretary as Virteffic will not provide any regulated services, or activities that would require us to be a “registered person” under and as defined in the Financial Services (Jersey) 1998, as amended. Virteffic Limited may provide certain secretarial support and administration services, however, the services are of an administrative nature only and your appointed company secretary and/or the directors of your company have full responsibility to ensure the accuracy of the work that Virteffic do for you, to have the final sign off and to check the work before it is released, published and/or executed.