I am Sarah Parkin
Senior Virtual Assistant
Secretarial Support, Governance and Administration Services
I have a wide variety of experience ranging from Company Secretary to client facing roles, compliance and internal audit.
Before the birth of my second child, I held various roles within the finance industry, most recently as a Company Secretary. I have gained a wide variety of experience ranging from client facing roles within Trust and Company administration to internal roles, including compliance and internal audit.
I have company secretarial skills for Group companies located in Jersey, Guernsey, Gibraltar, UK, Ireland and Isle of Man.
My role at Virteffic is to provide secretarial support and senior administrative support.
- minutes and resolutions;
- meeting support and preparation;
- day-to-day administration;
- assist with projects;
- preparation of reports; and
- corporate governance practice.
Sarah Parkin Senior Virtual Assistant at Virteffic Limited | Secretarial Support and Administration Services
Education and Previous Experience
- ICSA Diploma, BPP Professional Education – 2011 – 2012
- ICSA Certificate, BPP Professional Education – 2009 – 2011
- Sancus Group – Company Secretary (April 2019 to June 2020 )
- PraxisIFM Trust Limited – Internal Auditor / Reviewer (April 2016 to March 2019)
- Kleinwort Benson – Trust Officer, Registered Office and Company Secretarial (July 2015 to November 2015)
- SG Hambros Bank (Channel Islands) Limited – Monitoring Officer – Compliance, AML & Financial Crime Monitoring Unit (November 2014 to June 2015 )
- SG Hambros Bank (Channel Islands) Limited – Trust Officer, Lyxor – Institutional Fiduciary Services (April 2013 to November 2014)
- Ogier Real Estate Fiduciary Services – Administrator (September 2011 to March 2013)
- AIB Jersey Trust Limited – Corporate Solutions – Administrator (February 2009 to August 2011)
Tasks that I have performed in my previous roles:
- Co-ordinating and supporting the production of regular and ad-hoc Board/ Committee meetings, collating the necessary information for the Board packs, and ensuring timely distribution to all members;
- Attending regular and ad-hoc board meetings to record the minutes and produce high quality minutes for distribution;
- Completing the necessary statutory filings with the relevant regulators;
- Supporting the dissolution and formation of entities;
- Managing the timetable of board meetings and statutory filings;
- Maintaining registers of directors and shareholders;
- Upkeeping of Companies House records to ensure fully up to date;
- Updating the conflict of interest registers;
- Internal entity reviews, initial, periodic, property and exit reviews were completed in accordance with procedures;
- Monitoring clearance of review issues in accordance with policy and procedures and discussing challenges encountered with directors, managers and their teams;
- Arranging and tabling pre-review and project meetings with relevant client managers;
- Maintaining and updating internal registers (such as review, property, shareholder and other ancillary registers);
- Drafting and updating internal policies and procedures;
- Responsible for ad-hoc internal projects, drafting relevant documentation for signing and ensuring completion;
- Populating client data held in internal systems for tax reporting and internal projects;
- Identifying review issue trends that lead to review issues being raised and then finding solutions for reoccurrences to be mitigated;
- Responsible for preparing weekly and monthly outstanding review issue reports and circulating to the directors and teams; and
- Providing training to new starters on systems, review and issue clearance process.
I have company secretarial skills for companies located in various locations.
Do you want to benefit from our services?
Virtual Assistants | Secretarial Support & Administration Services | Jersey, Channel Islands
Subscribe to the Virteffic blog
Subscribe to the Virteffic Blog via Email
Virteffic Limited (“Virteffic“) is not regulated or licensed under the Financial Services (Jersey) Law 1998, as amended (the “Financial Services Law“). Accordingly, Virteffic does not provide any regulated services and does not carry on any regulated activities which would require us to be a “registered person” under and defined in the Financial Services Law. Where it is necessary for such a regulated activity is to be carried out, you will be required to use the services of a firm that is registered under the Financial Services Law, to provide such services. Virteffic may provide certain secretarial support and administration services as a virtual assistant, however, the services are of an administrative nature only and your appointed company secretary and/or the directors of your company have full responsibility to ensure the accuracy of the work that Virteffic does for you, to have the final sign-off and to check the work before it is released, published and/or executed.