Meetings, Minutes and Secretarial Support
Virteffic has a team of qualified chartered secretaries and experienced individuals who can assist with all aspects relating to meetings. We can assist, not only with writing the minutes but also with all the administrative activities before, during and after the meeting. We will always prepare the minutes efficiently, professionally, and promptly, and with the utmost confidentiality.
We can assist to prepare the minutes for most meetings including (but not limited to) board meetings, committee meetings, shareholder meetings and trustee meetings.
You may want the “full package” with administrative assistance before, during, and after the meeting. In this event, we will discuss the specific services you require and what documents, contact information, and system access are required in order to facilitate those services. The process can then be followed for any future meetings.
Some clients will only need assistance with the drafting of the minutes. We can attend the meeting in person, by telephone or by video call, or you could record the meeting in order for us to prepare the minutes. In some instances, a meeting is required to consider the approval of a document or transaction. In this event, draft minutes could be prepared in advance of the meeting. Virteffic can also assist to draft written resolutions.
The services offered by Virteffic include:
- assist your company secretary1 with drafting minutes (either by attending the meeting or from listening to a recording of the meeting);
- summarise and follow up on relevant action points to ensure these are addressed and completed in a timely manner;
- preparing notices and agendas;
- co-ordinate the meetings;
- prepare documents and forms;
- collation and preparation of meeting packs and supporting documents;
- assist with the filing of statutory returns;
- take notes or transcribe meetings;
- assist the Company Secretary in planning;
- maintaining the annual Board and Committee meetings calendars;
- plan, arrange and manage the logistical arrangements for the meetings;
- assist with the drafting of Board and Committee reports; and
- manage the collating and distributing papers for the Board or Committee meetings.
1 Virteffic will not accept an appointment as the Company Secretary as Virteffic does not provide any regulated services, or activities which would require us to be a “registered person” under and as defined in the Financial Services (Jersey) 1998, as amended.
The minutes will be prepared professionally, in the format and style that you prefer, and as formal/informal as you wish. In essence you decide if you want your in-house format and templates to be used, or if you want Virteffic to assist to provide the format.
A virtual assistant can assist to ensure that you have a stress-free meeting. In essence, using an independent minute taker will allow the participants to focus on the agenda, discussion, and content of the meeting.
Governance is important and critical for most larger organisations. It guides and protects you to always act in the best interest of the business, and it can also improve its performance. Virteffic can assist you to raise the profile of governance and the key roles of your Directors and the Company Secretary.
The services include:
- draft, review, and/or update the governance framework and/or governance calendar;
- draft, review, and/or update the agenda, notices, minutes and other template documents;
- presentations or reports about governance, roles of directors and secretary, duties of directors etc;
- drafting terms of reference for your committees;
- assist with minutes and meeting support; and
- assist to address governance-related issues.
Administration work and data entry are a component of most businesses. These tasks often make up one big job function that you ultimately don’t have time for. Virteffic can assist you with mundane and repetitive tasks, and we can also assist with more technical administrative duties. Our services include:
- data entry;
- monthly reports;
- correspondence and emails;
- manage filing systems and update records;
- editing and proofreading;
- billing and invoicing;
- maintain financial records, reconcile bank statements and transactions (in Quickbooks or Xero); and
- any other day-to-day administration tasks that can be dealt with remotely.
The fees for our virtual assistant services varies. As has been noted, the role itself can vary greatly – and so the skill set and experience required. There are a few options available to choose from:
- Flexible: No need to commit – simply “pay-as-you-go” on our standard hourly rate. You can request support from our team as and when you require assistance. An invoice is raised on the 1st of each month for the work carried out the previous month. We are transparent with our fees, so a detailed timesheet is provided with our invoices.
- Fixed: We will guarantee that we have the capacity to provide the requested services. The fixed fee gives you a discount compared to the flexible option. Any additional hours worked that month will be charged at the standard hourly rate if you need further support. The fixed fee is charged quarterly in advance, and any extra hours are invoiced on the 1st of each month for the work carried out the previous month.
- Block: Some of our clients require assistance with various day-to-day admin tasks and therefore purchase a block of hours at a discounted rate rather than a fixed fee for meetings only. A detailed time sheet is provided on the 1st of each month for the work carried out and the balance remaining. These fees are payable in advance, with a discount as follows:
- 10% discount for 500 hours (which is approx. equivalent to 40h/week for 3 months, or 20h/week for 6 months, or 10h/week for 1 year); or
- 20% discount for 1,000 hours (which is approx. equivalent to 40h/week for 6 months or 20h/week for 12 months)
The full terms and conditions will be provided with our fee proposal and subsequently confirmed in the service agreement.
How does it work?
Virteffic will simply raise an invoice based on the agreed fee once the services have been performed, or raise monthly invoices for longer engagements. As a virtual assistant is not an employee, there will be no additional charges that would be payable if you hired an administrator, secretarial officer or personal assistant. Virteffic is transparent with its pricing and fees, and a detailed timesheet is always provided with the invoice.
It all starts with a call or a meeting for a free consultation. Virteffic take time to get to know you and the demands of your business so that we can find a solution to provide the support you need to do what you do best. After our consultation, Virteffic will summarise what we discussed and provide a detailed proposal of what services Virteffic will be able to offer together with fee estimate for your consideration. Once agreed, we will provide our service agreement (or use yours if preferred). At your discretion, we can also enter into a Non-Disclosure Agreement.
We will always prepare the minutes efficiently, professionally, promptly, and with the utmost confidentiality.
Can't find the service you are looking for?
Get in touch and we'll find a solution!
If you have any questions, please contact us:
La Vallee de St Pierre
Jersey JE3 1EG
E: firstname.lastname@example.org or
M: +44 (0) 7797716461
Virtual Assistants | Secretarial Support & Administration Services | Jersey, Channel Islands
About Tess Price (including CV and Bio)
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
Our Team (including CVs and Bios)
Subscribe to the Virteffic blog
Subscribe to the Virteffic Blog via Email
Virteffic Limited (“Virteffic“) is not regulated or licensed under the Financial Services (Jersey) Law 1998, as amended (the “Financial Services Law“). Accordingly, Virteffic does not provide any regulated services and does not carry on any regulated activities which would require us to be a “registered person” under and defined in the Financial Services Law. Where it is necessary for such a regulated activity is to be carried out, you will be required to use the services of a firm that is registered under the Financial Services Law, to provide such services. Virteffic may provide certain secretarial support and administration services as a virtual assistant, however, the services are of an administrative nature only and your appointed company secretary and/or the directors of your company have full responsibility to ensure the accuracy of the work that Virteffic does for you, to have the final sign-off and to check the work before it is released, published and/or executed.