Meetings, Minutes and Secretarial Support
Virteffic has a team with qualified chartered secretaries who can assist with all aspects relating to meetings. We can assist, not only with writing the minutes, but also with all the administrative activities before, during and after the meeting. We will always prepare the minutes efficiently, professionally, and promptly, and with the utmost confidentiality.
We can assist to prepare the minutes for most meetings including (but not limited to) board meetings, committee meetings, shareholder meetings and trustee meetings.
You may want the “full-package” with administrative assistance before, during, and after the meeting. In this event, we will discuss the specific services you require and what documents, contact information, system access is required in order to facilitate those services. The process can then be followed for any future meetings. Some clients will only need assistance with the drafting of the minutes. We can attend the meeting in person, by telephone or video call, or you could record the meeting in order for us to prepare the minutes. In some instances, a meeting is required to consider approval of a document or transaction. In this event, draft minutes could be prepared in advance of the meeting. Virteffic can also assist to draft written resolutions. The services offered by Virteffic include:
- assist your company secretary1 with drafting minutes (either by attending the meeting, or from listening to a recording of the meeting);
- summarize and follow up on relevant action points to ensure these are addressed and completed in a timely manner;
- preparing notices and agendas;
- co-ordinate the meetings;
- prepare documents and forms;
- collation and preparation of meeting packs and supporting documents;
- assist with filing of statutory returns;
- take notes or transcribe meetings;
- assist the Company Secretary in planning;
- maintaining the annual Board and Committee meetings calendars;
- plan, arrange and manage the logistical arrangements for the meetings;
- assist with the drafting of Board and Committee reports; and
- manage the collating and distributing papers for the Board or Committee meetings.
1 Virteffic will not accept an appointment as the Company Secretary as Virteffic does not provide any regulated services, or activities which would require us to be a “registered person” under and as defined in the Financial Services (Jersey) 1998, as amended.
The minutes will be prepared professionally, in the format and style that you prefer, and as formal/informal as you wish. In essence you decide if you want your in-house format and templates to be used, or if you want Virteffic to assist to provide the format.
A virtual assistant can assist to ensure that you have a stress-free meeting. In essence, using an independent minute taker will allow the participants to focus on the agenda, discussion, and content of the meeting.
The fees for our virtual assistant services varies. As has been noted, the role itself can vary greatly – and so the skill set and experience required. There are a few options available to choose from:
- Flexible: No need to commit to a specific package – simply “pay-as-you-go” on a standard hourly rate. You will be able to request support from our team as and when you require assistance. This may be a couple of hours only as a one-off solution, or regular support as and when needed.
- Fixed: A fixed fee package is available (minimum 20 hours per month for a period of at least 3 months to be carried out by the team ), which gives you a 20% discount compared to the flexible deal. Any additional hours worked that month will be charged at a standard hourly rate.
- Specific: Our team will work collaboratively to provide the requested services under the standard Flexible and Fixed packages. You can opt to choose a specific virtual assistant who will be the sole service provider (at a premium rate).
The full terms and conditions will be provided with our fee proposal and subsequently confirmed in the service agreement.
How does it work?
Virteffic will simply raise an invoice based on the agreed fee once the services have been performed, or raise monthly invoices for longer engagements. As a virtual assistant is not an employee, there will be no additional charges that would be payable if you hired an administrator, secretarial officer or personal assistant. Virteffic is transparent with its pricing and fees, and a detailed time sheet is always provided with the invoice.
It all starts with a call or a meeting for a free consultation. Virteffic take time to get to know you and the demands of your business so that we can find a solution to provide the support you need to do what you do best. After our consultation, Virteffic will summarise what we discussed and provide a detailed proposal of what services Virteffic will be able to offer together with fee estimate for your consideration. Once agreed, we will provide our service agreement (or use yours if preferred). At your discretion, we can also enter into a Non-Disclosure Agreement.
“We will always prepare the minutes efficiently, professionally, and promptly, and with the utmost confidentiality.
Board meetings are fundamental to the corporate governance system. They are a mechanism for directors to formulate strategy, discuss proposed matters, and take decisions. Virtual board meetings are not new, but before 2020 they were considered very much second-best compared to meeting face-to-face in the board room. Following the...Read More
Why should you use an external minute writer? The company secretary is usually in charge of drafting the minutes. However, there are many benefits in using an external resource to assist the company secretary before, during and after the meeting. For instance, the company secretary might also act as...Read More
Virteffic Limited (“Virteffic“) is a company based in Jersey, Channel Islands. Virteffic provides virtual assistant, secretarial support, and administration services, which includes minute writing services. Minute writing Services Writing minutes is a highly important function in any organisation. However, minute taking is seen by many as a daunting task....Read More
Can't find the service you are looking for?
Get in touch and we'll find a solution!
Virteffic Limited Virtual Assistants | Secretarial Support & Administration Services | Jersey, Channel Islands
Subscribe to the Virteffic blog
Subscribe to the Virteffic Blog via Email
Virteffic Limited (“Virteffic“) is not regulated or licensed under the Financial Services (Jersey) Law 1998, as amended (the “Financial Services Law“). Accordingly, Virteffic does not provide any regulated services and does not carry on any regulated activities which would require us to be a “registered person” under and defined in the Financial Services Law. Where it is necessary for such a regulated activity is to be carried out, you will be required to use the services of a firm that is registered under the Financial Services Law, to provide such services. Virteffic may provide certain secretarial support and administration services as a virtual assistant, however, the services are of an administrative nature only and your appointed company secretary and/or the directors of your company have full responsibility to ensure the accuracy of the work that Virteffic does for you, to have the final sign-off and to check the work before it is released, published and/or executed.