I am Tess Price
- the founder and virtual assistant behind Virteffic
My full name is Terese (Tess) Price. By way of a background, I am a qualified chartered secretary and an associate of the ICSA. Furthermore, I hold a Bachelor of Soc.Sc. in both economics and in financial administration. In addition, my CV includes a master thesis in marketing and several courses in mathematics and statistics. I have deep technical expertise and an excellent understanding of the financial industry. I have worked in the finance, private wealth and corporate services industry in Jersey for almost 15 years. My expertise is most noteworthy in governance, policies and procedures and in all aspects of company secretarial work.
The experience I have gained means I bring a diverse set of skills, enabling me to support your business. I thrive on planning, organising and solving problems. I can therefore help you find the best way to tackle administrative tasks. Moreover, I am efficient, highly organised and proficient in standard office computer programs. I also have excellent communication skills.
Tess Price | Virteffic | Founder & Virtual Assistant
Education and Work Experience
- ICSA Professional – Associate’s Degree, Jersey (2009 – 2014)
- Mälardalen University – Bachelor Soc. Sc. Economics, Västerås Sweden (2002 – 2006)
- Mälardalen University – Bachelor Soc. Sc. Business Administration, Västerås Sweden (2002 – 2006)
- Several courses in Financial Mathematics & Statistics including; Introduction to Financial
Mathematics, Calculus I, Calculus II, Linear Algebra, Numerical Methods with MATLAB,
Probability Theory and Statistical Inference
- Master thesis in Marketing
- Core Management Programme
- Advanced Leadership Programme, Harleem Netherlands
Virteffic Limited – Founder and Virtual Assistant (Aug 2020 – present)
Virteffic was set up by myself in 2020, and I am running the business as a director, company secretary, and the virtual assistant that provides the requested services. As part of the process, I prepared all the incorporation documents , obtained the required licenses, D&O insurance and opened the bank account. In addition, I set up and designed this website, and I also designed the company logo and all marketing material. On an ongoing basis, I prepare the company documents for the board and arrange the required filings. Since the launch, Virteffic has onboarded a number of clients, and the services provided include:
- drafting minutes for a variety of boards and committees (most frequent service used by the majority of my clients);
- summarise action points from meetings;
- map the AML/CFT legislation, the TCB code and Companies (Jersey) Law 1991, together with gap analysis of policies and procedures;
- review policies and procedures and provide feedback;
- email correspondence, acting as the first point of contact for the client;
- IT support and assist with technical queries regarding various systems;
- assist with formatting word documents;
- converting files and documents into required formats;
- design book covers;
- design social media banners and posts; and
- set up social media schedule and arrange the posting.
Maples Group – Vice President (Dec 2018 – Jul 2020)
A small team of 3, including myself, established the Maples fiduciary office in Jersey for this leading global fiduciary service provider. I provided customised fiduciary services to meet the diverse and sophisticated needs of the structured finance, private equity, fund, and corporate clients. Being part of such a small team, my role was most varied. For example, I had a PQ and acted as director, I was the key relationship manager and also worked to raise the profile of Maples through participation in various events in Jersey and internationally. By contrast, I also ordered stationery, paid invoices, and handled data entry and statutory filings, as well as:
- drafted the policies and procedures, step by step checklists, and template forms;
- drafted template minutes and written resolutions;
- acting on the board for the Maples entities as well as the client entities;
- incorporated the Maples subsidiary entities and obtained the required regulatory licenses;
- attended board meetings for the Maples entities as well as the client entities in the capacity as company secretary and also as a director;
- drafted notices, agendas, board meeting packs, and minutes for the meetings;
- acted as a relationship manager to the majority of the clients;
- ensured statutory requirements were met by Maples as a regulated entity;
- drafted correspondence, formation documents, reports and guidance notes;
- interviewed for new roles on the team; and
- attended networking and marketing events.
Intertrust (formerly known as Elian and Ogier) – Manager (Feb 2014 – Nov 2018)
I was the manager of a team that ranged in size from 4 to 10 during this period. The team portfolio included a large family office structure as well as individual HNW clients. The entities included companies in different jurisdictions and a variety of trusts and private trust companies. The team consisted mainly of junior staff members so the role demanded a high level of attention to detail. It also required me to be a technical expert on complex client structures within the company and trust environment. My work included:
- direct communication and meetings with clients as well as third-party service providers;
- ensured statutory requirements were complied with;
- arranged that client records were clearly and accurately updated;
- reviewed, signed, and released payments;
- coordinated and attended meetings;
- drafted or reviewed minutes and written resolutions;
- reviewed timelines raised invoices, prepared fee proposals, debt collection;
- ensured that internal team management information was completed on a timely basis;
- supported and guided team members through mentoring and supervision; and
- interviewed for vacancies on the team as well as for the overall department.
RBC Wealth Management – Senior Client Relationship Officer (Jun 2012 – Jan 2014)
The role involved day to day administration of my own portfolio consisting of different types of trusts and companies. Furthermore, it involved communication and meetings with clients, primarily from Europe and Middle East. The administration duties included:
- direct client contact and communication, primarily by phone and emails;
- ensuring statutory requirements were complied with;
- bookkeeping, review of financial accounts and statements;
- completed forms for bank account openings;
- preparation of meetings packs and follow up on action points from meetings; and
- payroll and salary administration.
HSBC Private Bank – Senior Trust Administrator (Apr 2007 – Nov 2011)
In this role, I was working on the Middle Eastern section with day to day administration of a portfolio of trust and companies. The work included drafting of minutes, bookkeeping, communication with clients and service providers. During this time I was also as member of the Social Committee and a member of the Womens Development Association.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and also experience with Google Docs.
- Highly organised and able to multitask and work well with fast-paced directions and instructions and no issues with a large workload.
- Strong ability to communicate via email, phone, instant messenger, video conference such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams or Skype.
- Able to manage time effectively and efficiently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service and presentation skills.
- Flexible and able to work late evenings, weekends, extended hours, and holidays as needed.
- Bilingual and fluent in English and Swedish.
Some examples of the tasks that I have performed in my previous roles are:
- drafting policies and procedures, checklists, forms and template documents;
- drafting agendas, notices, minutes and resolutions;
- organising board meetings as well as attending the meetings in capacity as director and/or company secretary;
- opening of bank accounts where the accounts have been with several different banks in Jersey and worldwide;
- incorporating companies, established trusts and formed partnerships;
- leading projects (independently or as a project manager / team leader);
- direct communication and meetings with clients and third-party service providers;
- ensuring that statutory requirements are complied with;
- attending marketing and business development events and meetings;
- review of financial accounts & statements, assist with the bookkeeping and record keeping;
- training and mentoring junior staff, review of team workflows seeing that work is carried out in an orderly and timely fashion;
- correspondence by email, letter, telephone and zoom; and
- maintaining clients’ records accurately.
I now spend my days working from home. Some of my favourite things include coffee, painting, taking photos, running and travelling. I am also a foodie who loves cooking and to wine and dine.
My background have enabled me to set up my own business. It has always been my vision and goal to be an entrepreneur and business owner, and to have the opportunity to utilise my extensive education and demonstrated work experience to provide an exceptional and quality service for my own clients.
Some of my greatest strengths are organisation, efficiency, reflection and attention to detail. I am motivated and truly passionate about my work. Foremost, I enjoy the variety of tasks and the technical challenges.
The Story behind Virteffic
In 2006, I moved from Sweden to Jersey to capitalise on my finance degrees and to get some working experience to compliment my academic background. What was meant to be temporary turned out to be permanent. Consequently, fifteen years later, Jersey is my home. I have always enjoyed working in the finance industry. Particularly, I have liked the diversified tasks, the element of problem solving and the client relationships.
We have all seen significant changes over the last few months as we have adapted our work and home lives due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Personally, whilst being ill in Covid-19 for several weeks, I had time to do a lot of thinking. I had a really good job where I worked hard and had created a very strong career path for myself. However, I have always had a vision and goal of one day being an entrepreneur. I decided to take a leap and to set up my own business.
Virteffic let me use my background and skills to realize my dream. In addition, it is allowing flexible working hours and a better work – life balance.
Ultimately, I am driven by a desire to be excellent and thrive working in an inspiring place promoting positive change and development.