I am Terése (Tess) Price
Founder, Director and Senior Virtual Assistant at Virteffic Limited
In 2006, I moved from Sweden to Jersey, Channel Islands to capitalise on my finance degrees and to get some working experience to compliment my academic background. What was meant to be temporary turned out to be permanent and Jersey, Channel Islands is now my home. I launched Virteffic Limited in 2020, after 15 years of working in the corporate, trust and the fiduciary environment in Jersey. Being a virtual assistant, I can work on a ‘freelance’ basis to provide professional services to other businesses. The experience I have gained means I bring a diverse set of skills, enabling me to support your business. I thrive on planning, organising and solving problems. I can therefore help you find the best way to tackle administrative tasks. I work well under pressure, in a fast paced environment with focus on attention to detail and multitasking.
Main Qualifications and Experience
- Deep technical expertise and senior management experience from the corporate, trust and the fiduciary environment (15+ years).
- Previously a director of regulated companies.
- Qualified Chartered Secretary and an Associate of ICSA (professional level).
- Bachelor of Soc.Sc. in Economics.
- Bachelor of Soc.Sc. in Financial Administration.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, presentational and written.
- Knowledge of local legislation and regulatory requirements.
- Up to speed with the latest developments in corporate governance as well as risk management and compliance regulation.
- Have drafted and reviewed over 700 sets of minutes since the launch of Virteffic.
- Highly organised with excellent time management skills.
- Diligent with high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
I am enthusiastic, highly motivated, efficient and enjoy technical challenges.
Tess Price | Founder, Director & Senior Virtual Assistant | Virteffic Limited
Education and Work Experience
- ICSA Professional – Associate’s Degree (Professional Level), Jersey (2009 – 2014)
- Mälardalen University – Bachelor Soc. Sc. Economics, Västerås Sweden (2002 – 2006)
- Mälardalen University – Bachelor Soc. Sc. Business Administration, Västerås Sweden (2002 – 2006)
- Several courses in Analytical Finance, Financial Mathematics & Statistics including; Introduction to Financial
Mathematics, Calculus I, Calculus II, Linear Algebra, Numerical Methods with MATLAB,
Probability Theory and Statistical Inference
- Master thesis in Marketing
- Core Management Programme (2018)
- Advanced Leadership Programme, Harleem Netherlands (2017)
Virteffic Limited – Founder and Virtual Assistant (Aug 2020 – present)
Virteffic was set up by myself in 2020, and I am running the business as a director, company secretary, and one of the virtual assistants that provides the requested services. As part of the process, I prepared all the incorporation documents , obtained the required licenses, D&O insurance and opened the bank account. In addition, I set up and designed this website, and I also designed the company logo and all marketing material. On an ongoing basis, I prepare the company documents for the board and I arrange the required filings. Since the launch, Virteffic has onboarded a number of clients, and the services that have been provided by me (Tess) include:
- drafting minutes for a variety of boards and committees (most frequent service used by the majority of the clients);
- summarise action points from meetings;
- map the AML/CFT legislation, the TCB code and Companies (Jersey) Law 1991, together with gap analysis of policies and procedures;
- review policies and procedures and provide feedback;
- email correspondence, acting as the first point of contact for the client;
- IT support and assist with technical queries regarding various systems;
- assist with formatting word documents;
- converting files and documents into required formats;
- design book covers;
- design social media banners and posts; and
- set up social media schedule and arrange the posting.
Maples Group – Vice President (Dec 2018 – Jul 2020)
A small team of 3, including myself, established the Maples fiduciary office in Jersey for this leading global fiduciary service provider. I provided customised fiduciary services to meet the diverse and sophisticated needs of the structured finance, private equity, fund, and corporate clients. Being part of such a small team, my role was most varied. For example, I had a PQ and acted as director, I was the key relationship manager and also worked to raise the profile of Maples through participation in various events in Jersey and internationally. By contrast, I also ordered stationery, paid invoices, and handled data entry and statutory filings, as well as:
- drafted the policies and procedures, step by step checklists, and template forms;
- drafted template minutes and written resolutions;
- acting on the board for the Maples entities as well as the client entities;
- acting as an authorised signatory;
- incorporated the Maples subsidiary entities and obtained the required regulatory licenses;
- preparing notice and board packs for board meetings, collection of agenda items and following up on action points;
- attended board meetings for the Maples entities as well as the client entities in the capacity as company secretary and also as a director;
- drafted notices, agendas, board meeting packs, and minutes for the meetings;
- acted as a relationship manager to the majority of the clients;
- ensured statutory requirements were met by Maples as a regulated entity;
- drafted correspondence, formation documents, reports and guidance notes;
- co-ordination with the accounts preparation function and liaising with the external auditors;
- interviewed for new roles on the team; and
- attended networking and marketing events.
Intertrust (formerly known as Elian and Ogier) – Manager (Feb 2014 – Nov 2018)
I was the manager of a team that ranged in size from 4 to 10 during this period. The team portfolio included a large family office structure as well as individual HNW clients. The entities included companies in different jurisdictions and a variety of trusts and private trust companies. The team consisted mainly of junior staff members so the role demanded a high level of attention to detail. It also required me to be a technical expert on complex client structures within the company and trust environment. My work included:
- direct communication and meetings with clients as well as third-party service providers;
- ensured statutory requirements were complied with;
- maintaining companies in good standing in their respective jurisdictions;
- incorporation of companies, establishment of trusts, and formation of various entities;
- arranged that client records were clearly and accurately updated;
- renewal of regulatory registrations and filings of statutory returns;
- reviewed, signed, and released payments as an authorised signatory;
- coordinated and attended meetings;
- drafted or reviewed minutes and written resolutions;
- monitoring implementation of board resolutions;
- complete bank account opening documents and associated documents;
- arrange for documents to be notarised and legalised;
- reviewed timelines raised invoices, prepared fee proposals, debt collection;
- ensured that internal team management information was completed on a timely basis;
- supported and guided team members through mentoring and supervision; and
- interviewed for vacancies on the team as well as for the overall department.
RBC Wealth Management – Senior Client Relationship Officer (Jun 2012 – Jan 2014)
The role involved day to day administration of my own portfolio consisting of different types of trusts and companies. Furthermore, it involved communication and meetings with clients, primarily from Europe and Middle East. The administration duties included:
- direct client contact and communication, primarily by phone and emails;
- ensuring statutory requirements were complied with;
- bookkeeping, review of financial accounts and statements;
- completed forms for bank account openings;
- completing annual reviews;
- preparation of meetings packs and follow up on action points from meetings; and
- payroll and salary administration.
HSBC Private Bank – Senior Trust Administrator (Apr 2007 – Nov 2011)
In this role, I was working on the Middle Eastern section with day to day administration of a portfolio of trust and companies. The work included drafting of minutes, bookkeeping, communication with clients and service providers. During this time I was also as member of the Social Committee and a member of the Womens Development Association.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and also experience with Google Docs.
- Highly organised and able to multitask and work well with fast-paced directions and instructions and no issues with a large workload.
- Strong ability to communicate via email, phone, instant messenger, video conference such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams or Skype.
- Able to manage time effectively and efficiently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service and presentation skills.
- Flexible and able to work late evenings, weekends, extended hours, and holidays as needed.
- Bilingual and fluent in English and Swedish.
Some examples of the tasks that I (Tess) have experience in performing:
- drafting policies and procedures, checklists, forms and template documents;
- drafting agendas, notices, minutes and resolutions;
- assist with governance projects;
- drafting terms of references for various committees;
- organising board meetings as well as attending the meetings in capacity as director and/or company secretary;
- preparing board packs and board reporting;
- map local legislation and undertake gap analysis of policies and procedures;
- opening of bank accounts where the accounts have been with several different banks in Jersey and worldwide;
- incorporating companies, established trusts and forming partnerships;
- leading projects (independently or as a project manager / team leader);
- ensuring that statutory requirements are complied with;
- attending marketing and business development events and meetings;
- review of financial accounts & statements, assist with the bookkeeping and record keeping;
- provide training and presentations in relation to drafting minutes;
- training and mentoring junior staff, review of team workflows seeing that work is carried out in an orderly and timely fashion;
- correspondence by email, letter, telephone and video conference such as zoom/teams/clubhouse; and
- maintaining clients’ records accurately.
I am independent, motivated and truly passionate about my work. Foremost, I enjoy the variety of tasks and the technical challenges, building new relationships and further developing my skills.
The Story behind Virteffic
I moved from Sweden to Jersey in 2006 to capitalise on my economics and business administration degrees and to get some working experience to compliment my academic background. What was meant to be temporary turned out to be permanent. Consequently, more than fifteen years later, Jersey is my home. I have always enjoyed working in the finance industry. Particularly, I have liked the diversified tasks and the element of problem solving.
We have all seen significant changes over the last few months as we have adapted our work and home lives due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Personally, whilst being ill with Covid-19 for several weeks, I had time to do a lot of thinking. I had a really good job where I worked hard and had created a very strong career path for myself. However, I have always had a vision and goal of one day setting up my own business.
I decided to take a leap and it was the best thing I have ever done. Virteffic let me use my background and skills to realise my dream. Meanwhile, it is allowing flexible working hours and a better work – life balance. Ultimately, I am driven by a desire to be excellent and thrive working in an inspiring place promoting positive change and development.
After an amazing year of working as the sole virtual assistant for Virteffic, it was an exciting opportunity to expand and take on a wider team to support our clients.
Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs.
Whether you think you can or think you can't - you're right.
Get in touch with Tess
I am always happy to catch up for a coffee (which may be by phone or video call), to discuss opportunities and collaborations.
Virteffic Limited (“Virteffic“) is not regulated or licensed under the Financial Services (Jersey) Law 1998, as amended (the “Financial Services Law“). Accordingly, Virteffic does not provide any regulated services and does not carry on any regulated activities which would require us to be a “registered person” under and defined in the Financial Services Law. Where it is necessary for such a regulated activity to be carried out, you will be required to use the services of a firm registered under the Financial Services Law to provide such services. Virteffic may provide certain secretarial support and administration services as a virtual assistant, however, the services are of an administrative nature only and your appointed company secretary and/or the directors of your company have full responsibility to ensure the accuracy of the work that Virteffic does for you, to have the final sign-off and to check the work before it is released, published and/or executed.
Virtual Assistants | Secretarial Support & Administration Services | Jersey, Channel Islands