I am Emma Godfrey
Manager & Senior Virtual Assistant at Virteffic Limited |
Technical and Analytical Services
I have a strong inclination for solving complex calculations, and I demonstrate a good attention to detail in all work undertaken.
I achieved an economics degree in 2005 and then added a degree in mathematics in 2006 from the University of Malardalen in Sweden. I also hold the CLT International Diploma in Fund Administration (Retail Funds).
With a strong inclination for solving complex calculations, I started in the Jersey hedge fund industry in 2006 and has since gained over 15 years’ experience in the world of funds adding unit trusts and various private equity structures both on the admin and manager side to my list. I have mainly worked in the numbers side of fund investments transactions and valuations, including daily cash management, placing investment transaction in complex swap Instruments, calculating and executing adjustments to FX hedge arrangements and calculating performance fees and carried interest.
My role at Virteffic is to assist with the internal work including account reconciliation, budget calculations, payroll, and to provide technical and analytical services with focus on;
- day-to-day administration;
- assist with projects;
- any calculations or analytical services needed;
- creation of presentations and reports;
- reconcile bank statements and transactions in Xero and Quickbooks;
- billing and invoicing;
- budget reconcilliation;
- payroll calculations;
- create excel schedules (with formulas as needed).
Emma Godfrey Manager & Senior Virtual Assistant at Virteffic Limited | Technical and Analytical Services
Education and Previous Experience
- CLT International Diploma in Fund Administration (Retail Funds), Jersey (2018)
- Mälardalen University – Bachelor Soc. Sc. Economics, Västerås Sweden (2002 – 2006)
- Mälardalen University – Bachelor Soc. Sc. Mathematics, Västerås Sweden (2002 – 2006)
- Several courses in Analytical Finance, Financial Mathematics & Statistics including; Introduction to Financial
Mathematics, Calculus I, Calculus II, Linear Algebra, Numerical Methods with MATLAB.
Probability Theory and Statistical Inference.
- IQEQ – Manager, Funds & Institutional (Jan 2018 – Oct 2021)
- Moore Management Limited – Assistant Manager (Jul 2014 – Oct2021)
- Ogier – Senior Accounting Services Officer (Aug 2012 – May 2014)
- State Street Alternative Investment Solutions – Senior Fund Valuation Administrator – Hedge Funds (Jul 2006 – May 2012)
Some examples of the tasks that I have experience in performing from previous roles:
- daily cash management;
- placing investment transaction in complex swap Instruments;
- calculating and executing adjustments to FX hedge arrangements;
- calculating performance fees and carried interest;
- delivery of high quality alternative funds services;
- preparing filings in Cayman / Bermuda and Japan (initial and on-going);
- calculating, reviewing and approving fees and expenses;
- calculating distributions and reserves;
- financial reporting and fund accounting matters;
- oversee the management of client’s portfolios;
- manage the performance of the team; and
- contribute to the production of management information.
I understand the importance of confidentiality and discretion within my role.
Do you want to benefit from our services?
Virteffic Limited Virtual Assistants | Secretarial Support & Administration Services | Jersey, Channel Islands
Subscribe to the Virteffic blog
Subscribe to the Virteffic Blog via Email
Virteffic Limited (“Virteffic“) is not regulated or licensed under the Financial Services (Jersey) Law 1998, as amended (the “Financial Services Law“). Accordingly, Virteffic does not provide any regulated services and does not carry on any regulated activities which would require us to be a “registered person” under and defined in the Financial Services Law. Where it is necessary for such a regulated activity is to be carried out, you will be required to use the services of a firm that is registered under the Financial Services Law, to provide such services. Virteffic may provide certain secretarial support and administration services as a virtual assistant, however, the services are of an administrative nature only and your appointed company secretary and/or the directors of your company have full responsibility to ensure the accuracy of the work that Virteffic does for you, to have the final sign-off and to check the work before it is released, published and/or executed.