About the opportunity
Are you looking for a flexible, modern way of working to fit in with your lifestyle? This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing company with a role that can be developed over time.
Virteffic Limited (Virteffic) is seeking a skilled and proactive Virtual Assistant to join our team, specialising in Personal Assistance (PA) and Executive Assistance (EA), with additional responsibilities in social media and website management. The ideal candidate will excel in providing comprehensive administrative support to executives, managing social media accounts, and overseeing website-related tasks. This is a fantastic opportunity for an organised and detail-oriented individual who thrives in a virtual work environment.
You will be in total control of setting your own hours, but due to the nature of this role, the ideal candidate would seek to work on or around traditional 9-5 hours to be available for inbox management and calendar updates.
It is an extra plus if you have experience relating to social media, WordPress, and/or drafting minutes and work in a previous company secretarial role.
Discretion and confidentiality are essential.
Location: Jersey (mainly working remotely)
Work Hours/Week: Part-time, variable (ideally 20-25 hours per week requested)
Employment Type: Zero-hour contract
Required: The right to live & work in Jersey – regretfully, we are unable to consider candidates from other locations
As a Virtual Assistant at Virteffic, you will engage in diverse tasks, providing PA and EA services to Tess and the Team, and maintaining client correspondence. Your responsibilities will include:
- Schedule and coordinate appointments, meetings, and events, ensuring optimal time management.
- Meeting Management: Facilitate board and committee meetings, coordinate minute writers, and assist with document circulation.
- Communication Handling: Manage emails, ensuring prompt and professional responses.
- Travel Coordination: Arrange travel plans, accommodations, and itineraries, optimising efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- Document Preparation: Assist in the creation and formatting of documents, reports, and presentations.
- Data Management: Maintain organised electronic and physical filing systems and schedules, ensuring easy retrieval of information.
- Task Prioritisation: Efficiently prioritise and manage multiple tasks to meet deadlines and achieve objectives.
- Client Liaison: Act as a point of contact between Tess, the team, and clients, fostering positive relationships.
- Social Media Management: Develop and execute social media strategies, create content, schedule posts, and engage with the audience on various platforms.
- Website Management: Update website content, monitor website performance, and coordinate with the web development team for enhancements.
- Confidentiality: Handle sensitive information with discretion and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Projects: Involvement in project work, where appropriate.
- Other: Such other duties as may from time to time reasonably be required.
Skills and Expertise
- Exceptional organisational and time-management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office and relevant software.
- Ability to work independently and proactively in a virtual setting.
- High level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and attention to detail.
- Proven experience as a Virtual Assistant, Personal Assistant, or Executive Assistant.
- Previous experience with WordPress, social media marketing, and newsletters.
- Minute writing skills.
Working at Virteffic – how does it work?
Virteffic is an innovative and flexible company. We believe in cultivating a collaborative environment that not only empowers our team but also delivers unparalleled solutions to our clients. As virtual assistants, we serve as an extension of our client’s in-house team, offering a compelling alternative for those seeking the benefits of a dedicated support without the commitment of hiring an employee.
Our team work closely together and have regular face-to-face meetings. However, the core concept of Virteffic is to provide remote services, and therefore the full workforce is working from home the majority of the time. Virteffic provides full flexibility in when and where people work. This creates a much better morale and atmosphere for both workers and clients – and better results too!
Flexibility Redefined: Enjoy the freedom to work where and when it suits you best. Promoting a balanced life-work equation that benefits not only our clients but also our team and their families.
Team Synergy: Despite working remotely, our team thrives on collaboration. Regular virtual and face-to-face meetings foster connection and camaraderie, creating a cohesive and supportive work culture.
Energised and Motivated: At Virteffic, we believe that a happy team translates to better results. We empower our team to take ownership and care for the business as much as our founder, Tess. This dedication creates a positive morale and atmosphere that resonates with both our team members and clients.
Continuous Development: Virteffic is not just a workplace; it’s a space for your professional growth. We encourage our team to share ideas, challenge the status quo, and contribute to our innovative culture.
Innovative Collaboration: We foster an environment where innovation and collaboration thrive. As part of Virteffic, you’ll be at the forefront of redefining virtual assistant services and delivering cutting-edge solutions to our clients.
Empowered Workforce: Experience a workplace where your ideas and contributions are valued. Virteffic encourages every team member to play an active role in shaping our innovative culture.
Join us at Virteffic and be part of a forward-thinking team that values your unique contributions. Together, let’s shape the future of work!
How does working for Virteffic compare to working in a more traditional environment?
What I enjoy most is the freedom and flexibility – which everyone at Virteffic can benefit from. I love to travel and always struggled with the “normal” holiday allowance when I was employed in a more traditional role.Now I can work more during the busier period and then take time off more often.
We ask everyone keep us informed of their holiday plans, but there is no need to submit a formal request. I also enjoy that I can play padel or schedule hair appointments and other personal appointments during weekdays, and I no longer need to compete for those valuable Saturday slots.
Working at Virteffic has allowed me the flexibility that I have never had in another role. I am provided deadlines to complete my work and when I do this is up to me, it has created a work/life balance that you wouldn’t find anywhere else.
Due to the internal and external work available, every day is different which allows me to work on a variety of tasks and the opportunity to gain more experience and knowledge, which I enjoy. I feel valued as a team member and trusted with the tasks that I am provided.
As a mother to two young children, I love the flexibility that Virteffic gives me to fit my work around them, whether its helping on a school trip or if one of them is ill.
I have the autonomy to decide when I work. I really enjoy the diversity of clients and internal work that we have and no two days are the same.
I am excited to have joined this modern company that has a fresh approach to the traditional 9-5!
I enjoy the work-life balance that Virteffic gives me, choosing to work when it suits me. No day is the same, and I enjoy being part of all things ‘Virteffic’.
I enjoy the flexibility that Virteffic gives me, I can work around my family’s schedule and make last minute changes to my day. If the weather is nice I can spend the day outside and do the work at night.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
Virteffic is committed to diversity and inclusion, which will consider all qualified applicants from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, national origin, religion or belief and gender identity.
Do you want to be part of the Virteffic Team?
This is your chance to shine by providing comprehensive administrative support to Tess and the Team, contributing to the seamless operation of daily tasks. If you thrive in a virtual work environment, we want to hear from you!
Submit your application via the and email your CV to . By applying, you confirm that you are in agreement with our which outline how we use your data and your rights under the data protection legislation.
We look forward to hearing from you!